How to Maximize Your Personal Injury Compensation
If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident due to someone else’s negligence, why should you have to pay for your lost wages, medical costs, and other losses? Instead, after a car or truck accident caused by another driver, you can seek compensation from the at-fault party through a personal injury claim. Injury Smart Law can show you how to maximize your personal injury compensation.
A lot of personal injury claims settle out of court, but it’s still crucial to make sure you win enough to cover all of your expenses related to the accident, both now and in the future. Never accept an insurance company’s settlement offer on your own. They often lowball you to save themselves from high payouts, and you may not have enough money to continue treatment.
In order to maximize the value of your personal injury claim, you should be working with a qualified personal injury lawyer at Injury Smart Law. Call us today at 1-435-688-1919 to schedule a free consultation and discuss your options.
The Most Common Types of Car Accidents
- Head–On Collision: Often fatal, these accidents happen when two vehicles impact each other front end to front end.
- T-Bone Collision: Often leading to grave injuries, these accidents occur when one vehicle or object impacts the side of another vehicle.
- Rear-End Collision: Caused when a car suddenly decelerates in front of another that is following too closely, these accidents happen when the car behind runs into the back of the car in front. Whiplash is the most common injury resulting from the crash.
- Multiple Vehicle Collision: Sometimes called a pile-up, these accidents happen on busy streets, such as freeways and highways. As they involve three or more cars, they are one of the most dangerous accidents on the road.
What to Do After an Accident
In order to maximize the value of your personal injury claim during settlement negotiations, you should take the following steps:
- Document the details: Call the police, take pictures, and write down witness contact information. Also, keep records of medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
- Get medical treatment: You’ll need to see a doctor as soon as possible after the accident to establish your injuries and determine how much they will cost to treat. If you wait too long, the insurance company may deny your claim.
- Contact a lawyer: Car accident victims with an attorney often receive a settlement that’s three times higher than those without. Injury Smart Law will assist you with beginning your claim and obtaining the compensation you deserve.
How to Calculate Your Compensation
Without a lawyer on your side, most insurance companies will base their settlement offer on any expenses incurred within 60 days following a motor vehicle accident. However, the legal team at Injury Smart Law can help you provide sufficient documentation to demonstrate medical costs past this window can be attributed to the accident. We can also supply medical experts to testify about what kind of medical treatment you’ll need in the future and how much work you may miss, so you receive enough money to cover every eventuality.
Why Hire an Attorney
The personal injury lawyers at Injury Smart Law are here to help with your injury claim. We’ll fight to get you the compensation you deserve, and we don’t get paid until you get paid. The sooner you get in touch with us, the sooner we can guide you through the steps to maximizing your case’s value. Call us today at 1-435-688-1919 to schedule a free initial consultation and learn how we can help you make the most out of your settlement.