Written by Laura Irvine
Whether you are a single college student, newlywed embarking on your first Christmas together, a new parent, or elder adult, it is never too late in life to start Holiday traditions. Some ideas to pick from may include:
1. Set a budget and stick with it. This will help alleviate a lot of stress.
2. Decorate your house. You don’t have to start out as the Griswold’s (National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation). Start small and add yearly.
3. Watch Christmas movies.
4. Listen to Christmas music while decorating the house, doing chores, wrapping gifts, baking, etc. Add a new CD yearly to grow your collection.
5. Make amends with someone you have been angry with.
6. Buy a new meaningful ornament yearly. Every year decorating will bring back wonderful memories.
7. Donate gently used books and movies to a local shelter, foster group home, or retirement home.
8. Donate gently used clothing and shoes to a local shelter.
9. Pick someone or a family and do the 12 Days of Christmas (by yourself or a group of friends).
a. A piece of a nativity set each night.
b. Household decorations.