‘Slip and fall’ accidents are one of the most common types of premises liability cases. Such accidents occur when a property owner fails to maintain their property – whether it is a store, home, swimming pool, work area, or city-owned sidewalk – and someone falls and is injured as a result.
Injury Smart Law has helped many in Southern Utah collect damages from parties whose negligence led to a slip and fall accident. We are ready to help win the compensation needed to pay your medical costs, recover lost income, and win back peace of mind for you and your loved ones.
Injury Smart Law understands that many seriously injured slip and fall accident victims may be struggling to pay bills when they approach us for legal assistance. That is why we accept cases on a contingency fee basis, getting paid when our clients win their personal injury cases. In addition, we offer free consultations for personal injury victims, allowing us to determine the facts about your case, and explain any additional steps you may need to take before you file your claim.
How We’ll Help You Win The Compensation You Deserve
Ensuring that you have proper legal representation if you are injured in a slip and fall accident is crucial, as injuries can be severe. Common injuries from a fall include broken arms and legs, ankle and wrist fractures, knee and back injuries, torn ACLs, broken hips, brain injuries, and more.
When you meet with our attorneys for a consultation, we will walk you through your slip and fall accident in order to establish what facts are known and what information we still need. We will try to determine:
- Who owns the property or managed the event?
- What was the cause of your accident?
- Was the hazard marked with warning signage?
- Was the hazard an issue that other visitors/witnesses noticed?
- Was the property owner/event manager aware of the hazard to begin with? If so, did they take reasonable action to address the danger it posed?
In addition to our legal representation, we can also help you deal with insurance companies, both yours and those representing the defendant. Injury Smart Law attorneys are familiar with the ins and outs of the insurance industry and will help you deal with claims adjusters who are looking to limit what their companies will pay out on their policies.
Most slip and fall claims are settled out of court. However, Injury Smart Law attorneys are more than willing to argue your case before a judge and jury, and win.
What You Can Do After A Slip & Fall Accident To Prepare For Filing A Claim
- Medical attention comes first. If you are seriously injured, your first priority is to protect your health. Follow all medical advice provided by your doctor and other healthcare professionals, and retain copies of any documentation, prescriptions, bills, and so on.
- If the owner or any personnel come to your assistance, collect their names and any contact information, if possible.
- If there are witnesses in the area, collect their information.
- Do not speak to an insurance claims adjuster.
- Save the shoes and clothing you were wearing. Bag them up.
- Contact a personal injury attorney who specializes in slip and fall accidents.
- Carefully follow your attorney’s instructions.
Let Injury Smart Law help you move forward. Contact us today for a Free Consultation.